Good Evening, Innovations Community! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I appreciate this moment of time to communicate with everyone.
1) Perhaps the most important message this week is about the active role we all can take this Tuesday at 5:00 p.m. I know we all want a school facility for our children where they can have both outdoor and indoor space to learn, live and grow. Innovations Academy is in the middle of negotiations with the district for a facility. They need to hear how important it is to us that our children receive a workable solution RIGHT NOW. Our community can be heard at their board meeting at 5 on Tuesday at the district ed center 4100 Normal St. in North Park. Children are welcome. Fliers went home on Friday and you will receive a reminder phone call and another flier this week. This is where we can stand up as one and be heard.
2) There is a continuing parent class. The next class will take place this Wednesday. See the front office for more information.
3) 7th and 8th graders are building Hovercrafts as part of their Math/Science project. They need drivers for a Field trip on March 8th to see a real hovercraft. Since drivers will need to have military clearance Lisa needs to have the names of drivers so she can get them cleared. Please contact her tomorrow if you can drive.
4) The Last Beach Bums Club fieldtrip needs drivers, too. The field trip to the LJ Children’s pool will be March 4th(this Friday) leaving school at 12:30. Please contact Lisa if you can drive.
5) And finally…some ideas about how you can support your child on their learning journey:
Find one thing to do next weekend that will be interesting and different. Put it on the family calendar; Watch a movie with your child and point out how setting has an effect on the story being told; Read a news article(on paper or the internet) or a magazine article aloud at the dinner table or before going to bed. And most of all, enjoy being with them, speaking with them and learning about them.
Have a wonderful week!