Good Evening Innovations Families,
Tonight’s informational message is long but all the information is very pertinent. It will focus on our last grand Family Night of this school year which takes place this TUESDAY at 5:00 p.m. But first, we have a couple of tidbits of information to round out the year:
• The last Explorations Classes are tomorrow. Please remember to bring any food supplies, and wear appropriate shoes and clothing for PE classes.
• We need a parent volunteer to help with the Kinder and 1st grade art classes from 1 pm to 3pm. It works best for students to have an extra adult.
• Next Monday June 13th from 10 am - 2 pm is IA's 3rd Annual Zany Races and Games. We need at least one parent helper from each class and drivers to transport our children to Allied Gardens Community Park and back. Please contact your child's teacher to let them know how you can help.
• We need parent helpers to prepare for our move to Scripps Ranch. In particular, next Saturday morning June 11th. Skip Glass will lead a group to help get our play bays back to original condition. We'll be tearing down the loft, patching walls and taping in preparation for painting. Please contact Jo Blaine if you can help. email@example.com
Now for the Family Night Info:
• Family Night is this Tuesday from 5-7. Come join us for dinner served by the 8th grade class as they continue to fundraise to pay off the trip to Sacramento. Pizza and more served for $5 a plate.
• BUS: IMPORTANT & TIME SENSITIVE IA Bus Program information is available on the IA website. Please go to the Community Page for all the details. OPEN REGISTRATION FOR THE BUS PROGRAM WILL END THIS FRIDAY, JUNE 10, 2011! Seating is limited and will be assigned first-come, first-served, so don't delay or your child(ren) may not get a seat on the bus!
For parents with additional questions not covered in the online materials, please stop by our BUS FAQ TABLE during our Tuesday Parent Night located in the central courtyard out front. Your Bus Pricing Info Packet will be available there for pick up. Please note that a non-refundable $100 deposit per student rider is REQUIRED by this Friday, June 10, 2011! Don't forget your checkbook so you can be the first to reserve your child's seat! Checks will be held and returned if there is not enough interest to move forward with the Bus Program. You can contact the Bus Program Administrator at IABus@innovationsacademy.org. Thank you.
• Presentations: There will be presentations at 6:30 by students in Hip Hop, Glee, Graphic Arts and more. Your presence is greatly appreciated.
• Lost and Found: Please check the lost and found during family night to claim any of your children's items. All items left over on June 17th will be given to charity.
• Yearbooks for $15 will be on sale at Family Night and at drop off and pick up the rest of the week until our supply runs out. If you haven't purchased one yet, now is the time.
And last, what can you do with your child this week? Come to Family Night. Attending a Family Night shows your children that you care about their education and school. It is a way to find connection with their daily lives. And it is fun, too. Have a nice week.