Saturday, December 5, 2009

CSA at IA

Hello Parents.

Finally !!!!! Fresh local organic produce coming to our school. We are excited!

Garden of Eden Organics CSA is coming to our school starting January 2010.

What is a CSA?

This is a great way for you and your family to work directly with local farmers. By becoming a member you will receive a box of fresh picked local organic fruit and veggies delivered to our school every week.
CSA's are a great way to promote health, support the environment and save time and money. All while supporting your local farmer.

Here's what needs to happen:

We need a minimum of 30 families to pledge to get the program started. Spread the word to your family and friends as well.

This a great gift of health too if you would like a unique holiday present.

Check out their website for more details and sign up today. www.goeorganics.com

4 comments:

April said...

have you had lot of interest in the produce. I know we are not in the school anymore but I think this sounds cool. let me know if it is going to take off

Innovations Academy said...

Hey April! Good to hear from you. We have almost enough interest to get it off the ground, if you're interested I'd be happy to have you participate as well. Glad to see you're still keeping in touch. Drop me a line with how the kids are doing!

Danielle

April said...

Hi Danielle so have you gotten enough interest for this? I am still interested. do you know the days you will be having us pick up the produce. I have some donations of books and such I would like to bring in too.
I also looked into the speaker group you put on the blog this week and it looks like they will have some great resources for parents.
we miss you guys. The boys are doing great.

Innovations Academy said...

Hey April,

Yes, the CSA will be starting on January 21st! Feel free to call and set up a drop off with us. I'd love to see you and the kids :)

Danielle