Wednesday, April 9, 2008

San Diego District Hearing

Thank you all so much for being at the School Board Meeting. It was amazing to see all the faces (I'd estimate about 70 people being there just for us) of our community when everyone was asked to rise, truly a moving moment.

I know that I personally am a very harsh critic of any of my endeavors and I wouldn't have changed a thing about our presentation. Everyone spoke beautifully and there were instances where I could feel the whole room hanging onto our words. Valerie, our parent speaker, was especially captivating as she told about the struggles she has faced over the years in educating her children.

I would love for anyone there to write a comment in the blog so that our community has a voice that others can hear.

So, what's next? We wait. In 30 days we will have official notice from the district. Stay tuned!

~Danielle

p.s. I have heard that there is a way to get a link to the School Board video of the meeting, I'll post it as soon as I have it.

No comments: